Monday, March 3

love your food: grilled cheese

{Bouchon Bakery's amazing grilled cheese}

Though I've been eating gluten-free for a while now, I still appreciate a good grilled cheese. (With strange gf bread, which I actually don't mind that much).
But for those of you with a typical diet, here are my tips for a classic grilled cheese.

1. Favorite Cheese- My all-the-time, go-to cheese is sharp cheddar. Not the orange stuff, but the nice, yummy white kind. I typically use Cabot's and it makes for a nice, strong-flavored sandwich.

2. Use several cheeses- Mixing cheeses or even using a single, more unusual cheese makes for a flavorful sandwich. Mozzarella is fun as a stand-alone, but adding a touch of pecorino to cheddar is also great.

3. Herbs- If I'm yearning for a change in my favorite lunch, I'll add something special. I usually sprinkle salt and pepper for a bit of zest. If you're in a spicy mood, throw some red pepper flakes in between your top slice of bread and cheese. My favorite thing to do is place small leaves of fresh basil in my grilled cheese.


xoxo,
almost eloise

No comments:

Post a Comment