Monday, October 29

oatmeal raisin m&m cookies

Sandy has gotten me working! I am being more productive than ever during this storm. Since I'm stuck inside I've: put the finishing touches on my Halloween costume {more to come}, color-coordinated my bookshelf and clothes rack, studied for Spanish, cleaned out my drawers, switched up my inspiration board, and baked, baked, baked! Well, I guess I'm been cooking a lot, technically. Pumpkin Pancakes, fried green tomatoes, rock candy sticks, and {you probably already know if you've checked out my instagram}oatmeal raisin cookies:
Ingredients
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½-2 cups M&M morsels
Directions
Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs.  Mix in the flour, baking soda and vanilla.  Then add the oatmeal.  Stir in the M&M morsels at the end.  Drop the cookie dough by spoonful on a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes or until the bottoms are starting to turn light golden brown.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes.  Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Note
I replaced half of the m&m's with raisin, absolutely perfect!

xoxo,
almost eloise