Saturday, September 1

welcome to almost eloise

Practically all my life I have looked up to Eloise, the fabulous character created by Kay Thompson. This six-year-old was someone we can all idolize. A child who is free to run around in one of the most beautiful places in the world? Who could want anything more? I was an Eloise expert by the time I was eight. I only recently had to get rid of my VHS copy of Eloise at the Plaza.
My proudest Halloween costume consisted of her famous white shirt, suspenders, pleated skirt, and ratty blonde hair. My mother still teases me today, recalling seven-year-old Mad {I was a year late with the costume, but it didn't bothered me} looking into the mirror, spotting the large red bow on my head and exclaiming "I look like a present!" 
I don't really need a costume to embody Eloise's qualities, though. I have her blonde hair, love for the finer things in life {star-shaped grilled cheese!}, adventurous {but rawther polite}attitude, and let's face it: I look great in headbands.
I knit, bake, read, and drink tea. I'm basically a grandmother in a fifteen-year-old's body. I love Grace Kelly, glitter, macaroons, Martha Stewart, and red lipstick. This blog isn't a fansite for Eloise {but believe me, you'll get plenty of that}. This is where I can share my thoughts and ideas.

xoxo,
almost eloise