Sunday, September 2

honey-lavender oat scones

I've been wanting to attempt this honey-lavender combination for a while and I finally found a spring of lavender to try it out. Very much in sink with Eloise, I chose to make scones. I've made simple scones before {and they are rawther spectacular} but I was in the mood to make something a bit healthier, so I decided to use oats and whole wheat flour. I found this recipe and modified it:
Ingredients
11/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons honey
1 sprig lavender
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
Sift flour {I like to sift at least three times for scones and biscuits, it makes them fluffy and soft} into large bowl. Mix with oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl mix egg, milk, and melted butter. Stir into dry mix.
Place 1/2 inch dough balls evenly on cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve with butter, honey, or spiced honey creme.




My parents seemed to like them though they said there was a little too much going on at once. Next time I think I'll try them with plain scones and they'll be even better next time around!

xoxo,
almost eloise